Sunday, July 1

Capability-Based Content

Stephen Lahanas recently started a new topic on the Learning Circuits Blog Discussion Wiki. His topic is Capability-Based Content which he describes as:

Capability based content is developed specifically with capability assimilation as its primary expectation outcome. This directly contradicts the majority of learning content developed today using traditional assessment-based outcome paradigms. Capability-based content represents both a pedagogy as well as methodology for content development.

Not only would Stephen like to discuss this topic with others on the LCB Discussion Wiki, he's looking to get some help in building out a model and examples which can be operationalized to drive the development of capability-based content.
If you're curious and/or would like to help Stephen with this project, check out the capability-based content page on the LCB Discussion Wiki.
Remember, the LCB Discussion Wiki is available to any member of the LCB community who wishes to us it to raise a topic for discussion with the community. Just create a page, add your topic and you're off and running. Please also drop me a note using the form on the FAQ page so I can help you make sure your page is formatted correctly and a notice, like this one, gets posted to LCB to let everyone know your page exists.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the phrase "capability-based," but I am not sure that this is anything really new. How would capability based be different that insuring content targets measurable behavioral change. My perception is this is really not new..The definition doesn't do much for me and I need to know what is meant by assessment -based. It would be nice if the originator of this concept credited others who have lead the way in performance management..

dmcoxe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dmcoxe said...

The concept fascinates me and I want to learn more, unfortunately, the link for the white paper source ("The ME-Learning Manifesto") is broken.

I googled the title and found the correct link http://www.semantech-inc.com/pdfs/The%20Me%20Learning%20Manifesto.pdf

Once I read the paper I may have more to say.

Anonymous said...

We really love your blog, i haven't seen you keeping the posts in in some time now. Is everything ok. You can reach me here = web traffic@simply pet supplies.com. Thanks Again Rob Dog Beds, Dog Kennels ( Dog Supplies & Pet Directory Pet Products, Dog Training Supplies) Send Traffic Now